Office of the DG and Inspector General of Police
Jharkhand Police, Ranchi
Advertisement No. 01/2008
Applications are invited for the post of Sub-Inspector and equivalent posts in the pay scale Rs.5500-9000/- in prescribed format.
- Police Sub Inspector : 277 posts (UR-139, SC-28,ST-72,OBC-38)
- Assistant Sub Inspector : 56 posts (UR-28,SC-6,ST-14,OBC-8)
- Company Commander Home Guards : 51 posts (UR-26,SC-5, ST-13, OBC-7)
Qualification : Graduate or equivalent degree by Jharkhand Government.
Age : 19-24 years. Relaxation of 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST candidates.
Selection Process : Candidates has to appear in Physical Test, Written Exam and Interview
- Physical Test : (for male) Those who pass in Physical Test will appear in written exam.
- One mile running : 6 minutes
- High Jump : 4 feet for SI/ Com. Commander and 4 feet 6 inch for ASI
- Long Jump : 12 feet for SI/Com. Commander and 15 feet for ASI
- Shot put : 15 feet fro SI/Com. Commander and 20 feet for ASI
- Written Test : will have 2 papers.
- General Hindi and Language : 100 marks. Objective Type. Duration one hour and 30 minutes. Minimum 30 marks required.
- General Knowledge : 100 marks. Objective Type. Duration one hour.
- General Studies : 100 marks. Objective Type. Duration one hour.
Application Fee : Rs.100/- in the form of IPO/ Bank DD in favour of DIG Police (Administration), Jharkhand, Ranchi (Rs.50/- for SC/ST candidates) which should be drawn on SBI Project Bhawan, Jharkhand Mantralaya, Hatia, Ranchi.
How to Apply : Eligible candidates should submit application form in the office of the SP/SSP in their respective native or residence District by post or in person from 17/03/2008 to 25/03/2008. Candidates from out side of the Jharkhand can submit application in the Office of Superintendent of Police, Ranchi.
Application Form format is available at http://governmentjob.googlepages.com/JharkhandPoliceForm.pdf