By SarkariNaukri Blog → 02 January, 2010
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC)
Civil Service Examination, 2010
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2010 on 23rd May, 2010 for recruitment of the various posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and certain other Group 'A' and Group 'B' Central Services / Posts.Eligibility:
- Age : Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 01/08/2010. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice.
- Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.
- Number of Attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible will be as follows:
- General Category : Four
- Physical Handicapped : Seven
- OBC : Seven
- SC / ST : No Limit
Application Form: The candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the Commission for its examinations, which can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/ Post offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 20/- only. OR published in the Employment News.
Fee: Rs.50/- through Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment (OBC candidates required to pay full fee).
How To Apply: All applications must reach the "Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069" either by hand or by Post/Speed Post or by courier on or before the 01/02/2010. [Candidates from far-flung areas can send application through post/speed post upto 08/02/2010]
Candidates can obtain details of the examination and can get information about registration of their applications, venues of the examination and syllabus etc will be posted on the website of the UPSC at http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/csp2010/notcvl.htm or in the Employment News dated 02/01/2010.
Published by Manisha for sarkari-naukri.blogspot.com
(Click on the Labels below for more similar Jobs)