(Wholly Owned by Government of India)
Head Office, 66, Rajaji Chalai, Chennai - 600001
Recruitment of Sportspersons
Indian Bank invites applications from talented Sportspersons in Athletics, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, Cricket and Football for appointment in Officer and Clerical Cadre. Only Indian Citizens are eligible for appointment under this Scheme.:
- Officers : 03 posts
- Clerk : 12 posts
If suitable candidates are not available for Officer cadre, they may be appointed in clerical cadre.
- Age ( As on 01/07/2007) : Officers - 21 to 30 years, Clerk - 18 to 28 years
- Qualification : Offiers - Graduate, Clerk - 10+2 examination or its equivalent
- Sports Qualification
- Officers : Should have represented the Country or won an Arjuna Award or represented the State with distinction for at least five years in continuation
- Clerk : Should have represented the State in National event, or the District in State level event with distinction, or his University in an Inter-University event with distinction or if he was a member of combined Universities Team
- Pay Scalce : Officers - Rs.10000-18240/-, Clerk - Rs. 4410-13210
Application Fee : Officers - Rs. 250, Clerks-Rs. 100. Requisite application fee must be paid by means of a Demand Draft / BPO issued by a scheduled Commercial Bank payable at Chennai in favour of Indian Bank. For SC/ST candidates , only postages of Rs. 50 must be paid along with the application.
How to Apply : Applications with all particulars regarding educational qualification and Sports Achievements supported by relevant Certificates may be sent in a separate cover superscribed “RECRUITMENT OF SPORTSPERSONS’ to the following address:
Assistant General Manager
Indian Bank, Head Office, HRM Department
66, Rajaji Salai, Chennai 600001
Last Date : The application should reach the above address on or before 31/07/2007.
Please visit http://www.indianbank.in/sportsadd.htm for further details and Application Form format.