TAX ASSISTANT EXAMINATION-2007
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold on 18/11/2007 an open competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Tax Assistant Non - Gazetted Group C Ministerial Post in the various Commissionerates of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) in the payscale of Rs.4000-6000 all over country.
- No. of Vacancies : 1474 posts. Categorywise firm number of vacancies/reservations among SC/ST/OBC/PH/ExServiceman in CBEC and CBDT will be determined in due course.
- Age : 20 to 27 years as on 17/08/2007. Relaxation for certain categories as per prevailing rules.
- Educational Qualification : Bachelor's Degree in any discipline (ii) Should possess a Data entry speed of 8000 key Depression per hour on computer.
- Written Exam : The Examination will consist of two stages/parts viz. Part-I : Written Examination carrying 300 marks, and Part-II : skill Test (Interview) carrying maximum of 100 marks.
- Part I (Written Exam) : the wrtitten exam will be conducted on 18/11/2007 (Sunday) and will consist of two papers as Paper-I (General Awareness - 100 marks, General English 100 marks) and Paper-II (conventional Type - Arithmatic - 100 marks)
- Delhi ,Jaipur,Jodhpur,Kota, Udaipur, Dehradun : Regional Director (NR), SSC, 5th Floor, Block No.12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Raod, New Delhi-110003
- Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai, Madurai, Guntur, Tirupati, Rajmundry, Coimbatore, Pondicherry, Kurnool, Tiruchirapalli and Tirunevelli : Regional Director (SR), SSC, E.V.K. Sampath College Raod, Chennai-600006
- Kolkata, Port Blair, Cuttack, Gangatok, Jalpaiguri, Midnapur, Chinsurah, Koraput, Sambalpur, Ranchi : Regional Director (ER), SSC, 5, Esplanade Row West, Old Assembly Building, Ground Floor, Kolkata-700001
- Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Panji, Ahmedabad & Rajkot : Regional Director (WR), SSC, Army & Navy Building, 1st Floor, South Wing, Pratishtha Bhawan, Old CGO Complex, 101, M.G. Road, Mumbai-400020
- Allhabad, Patna, Lucknow, Bhagalpur, Gorakhpur, Agra : Regional Director (CR), SSC, 8-AB, Beli Raod, Allahabad-211002
- Guwahati (Dispur), Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Aizwal, Silchar, Imphal, Shillong, Kohima & Agartala : Regional Director (NER), SSC, Rukmini Nagar, P.O. Assam, Sachivalaya, Guwahati-781006
- Bangalore, Dharwad, Mangalore, Gulbarga, Thiruvananthapuram, Cochin, Kozhikode and Trichur : Regional Director (KKR), SSC, 1st Floor, 2nd Block, 'E' Wing, Koramangala, Bangalore-560034
- Raipur, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Bilaspur, Jagdalpur, Rewa: Dy. Director (MPR), SSC, 'Nishant Villa', F.Jalvihar Colony, Raipur-492001
- Chandigarh, Shimla, Jammu, Srinagar, Jalandhar, Ambala, Hamirpur, Bathinda : Dy. Director (NWR), SSC, Block No.3, Ground Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh-160017
Fee Payable : Rs.100/- (No fee for SC/ST/PH and Ex-Servicemen) by menas of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps only, available at head post office all over the ocuntry.
How to Apply : Application in prescribed format should be sent to the Regional Offices of the SSC as mentioned above. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as "APPLICATION FOR TAX ASSISTANT EXAM., 2007" and the name of the centre, code of the centre and category in capital letters on left side corner.Last date of the submit of the application : 17/08/2007. Last date for candidate of far-flung area is 24/08/2007.
For further details please visit SSC website at http://ssc.nic.in