Ministry of Environment & Forests
Paryavaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Advertisement No. 01/10/2007 – P. III
Ministry of Environment & Forests requires the services of Scientists, on Direct Recruitment
Basis for 14 posts and on deputation basis initially for a period of three years for 1 post as
detailed below :
- Zoological Survey of India - Scientist - G (Director) : 01 posts, Pay scale Rs. 18400-22,400), Qualifications : Masters Degree in Zoology from a recognized University or Institution with minimum of 21years experience or Ph.D with a minimum of 18 years experience excluding the period spent in obtaining Ph.D., in original Zoological Research and Faunistic Survey work.
- National Museum of Natural History - Scientist - E (Director) : 01 post, Pay Scale Rs. 14300- 18300, Qualifications and Experience : (i) Masters Degree in Science or equivalent, with at least a diploma or a certificate of completion of a course in Museology of a duration of not less than 10 months or two years’ experience of working in a State/ National Museum, preferably in the Natural History Section. (ii) 11 years experience in the field of museum work or teaching museum methods and techniques with specialization in natural history, provided that in case of candidates possessing a Ph.D. in Museology or any other field of Natural Science, the period of experience required shall be reduced by 3years.
- Ministry of Environment & Forests - Scientist - C : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs.10000- 15200/-, Qualification : Bachelor's degree in Electrical (Power) Engineering/ Technology with 3 years working experience in the field of Environmental Pollution Control or Environmental Impact Assessment or Management of Hazardous Substances., Desirable qualifications : Master's Degree/ Ph.D. in Electrical (Power) Engineering and Research work in the field of Environmental Pollution Control or Impact Assessment or Management of Hazardous Substances.
- Botanical Survey of India - Scientist - C : 09 posts (SC-02, ST-01,OBC-01,PH- 01), Pay Scale : Rs. 10000-15200), Qualification : Master’s degree in Botany from a recognized University or equivalent with 3 years experience in research/teaching in the field of taxonomy of Algae/ Fungi/ Lichens/ Pteridophytes/ Gymnosperms/ Angiosperms as evidenced by research publications in peer reviewed journals. / Masters Degree in Horticulture or Agriculture Botany with specialization in Horticulture from a recognized university or equivalent with 3 years experience in Horticulture as evidenced by publication and knowledge of herbarium methods and regional flora of India and
experience of field collection.
- National Museum of Natural History Scientist - C : 01 posts, Pay scale : Rs.
10000- 15200/-, Qualification : Masters Degree in Science or equivalent, with at least a diploma or a certificate of completion of a course in Museology of a duration of not less than 10 months or two years’ experience of working in a State/ National Museum, preferably in the Natural History Section. (ii) 3 years experience of working in a museum.
- Zoological Survey Of India Scientist - C : 01 post, Pay scale : Rs.10000- 15200/-, Qualification : Master’s degree in Zoology from a recognized University or equivalent with 3 years research experience in Zoology with special reference to Systematic, Morphology and Ecology of animals (invertebrates)
- National River Conservation Directorate Scientist - C : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs.10000- 15200) (on Deputation) , Eligibility: Officers holding analogous posts or officers holding posts in pay scale Rs.8000-275-13500 with three years regular service in the grade under Centre/ State/Autonomous bodies/ Universities/ Government Research Institutions/Statutory Organizations and possessing the following qualifications and experience - Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in Civil/Public Health/ Environmental Engineering from a recognized University of Institute. (ii) 3 years experience after obtaining essential educational qualification in area relating to
Project/ Public Health Engineering/ Sewerage Schemes/ Drainage/ Environmental
Age Limit : The upper age limit for Scientist 'C' shall be 35 (Thirty-Five) years and for the posts of Director, Zoological Survey of India and Director, NMNH 50 years. There shall be no upper age limit for candidates already working in the Ministry of Environment & Forests and its attached and subordinate offices. For other Government servants as also for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Handicapped and Ex-servicemen, age limit is relaxable as per rules. The reference date for determining age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications.
Application Fee : The applications should be sent in the prescribed proforma (neatly hand-written or typed out in A-4 size paper 210x297 mm) accompanied by crossed Bank Draft
of the value of Rs.100/- drawn in favour of Drawing & Disbursing Officer, Ministry of Environment & Forests, payable at New Delhi.
How to Apply : Applications should reach the Section Officer (P.III), Ministry of Environment & forests, Room No. 907, Paryavaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110003 within 60 days of publication. Applications from abroad and from those in the Andman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, State/ Union Territories in the North Eastern Region, Ladakh division of the Jammu & Kashmir State, Sikkim, Pangi Sub-division of Chamba, Lahaul & Spiti Districts of Himachal Pradesh should reach within 75 days of publication. Applications should be sent in a cover super-scribed “ Application for the post of “--------------- “in the “-----“ vide Advertisement No.01/10/2007-P.III.
Further details and application form available at http://envfor.nic.in/advt/ADVT_ZSI.pdf