Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
Apprentice Development Officers (ADO) Recruitment Year: 2008-09
Applications are invited from eligible candidates who must be Indian Citizens for selection and appointment as Apprentice Development Officers (ADO) in the jurisdiction of following Zonal and Divisional Offices :
- Central Zonal Office, Bhopal : 307 posts [Bhopal-46, Gwalior-41, Indore-69, Jabalpur-50, Raipur-59, Satna-22, Shahdol-20]
- South Central Zonal Office, Hyderabad : 724 posts [Kadapa-50, Hyderabad - 64, Karimnagar - 16, Machilipatnam - 46, Nellore - 46, Rajahmundry - 43, Secunderabad-55, Visakhapatnam -46, Warangal -36, Bangalore - 54, Bangalore -50, Belgaum -38, Dharwad - 45,Mysore - 47, Raichur - 38, Shimoga -20, Udupi-30]
- North Central Zonal Office - Kanpur : 587 posts [Agra -54, Aligarh-30, Allahabad-51, Barreilly : 43, Dehradun-31, Faizabad-45, Gorakhpur-48, Haldwani-22, Kanpur-62, Lucknow-62, Meerut-70, Varanasi-69]
- East Central Zonal Office,Patna : 518 posts [Berhampur -65, Bhagalpur -50, Cuttack -90, Hazaribagh -37, Jamshedpur -66, Muzaffarpur -79, Patna -80, Sambalpur-51]
- Southern Zonal Office, Chennai : 603 posts [Ernakulam -79, Kottayam-46, Kozhikode-45, Trivandrum-34, Chennai-152, Coimbatore-57, Madurai-42, Salem-39, Thanjavur-31, Tirunelveli-30, Vellore-48]
- Western Zonal Office, Mumbai : 957 posts [Ahmedabad-66, Amravati-38, Aurangabad-43, Bhavnagar-29, Gandhinagar -36, Goa-39, Kolhapur-32, Mumbai-196, Nadiad-31, Nagpur-55, Nanded-31, Nashik-50, Pune-95, Rajkot-38, Satara -29, Surat-50, Thane-42, Vadodara-57]
- Eastern Zonal Office,Kolkata : 455 posts [Asansol-38, Bongaigaon-16, Guwahati-43, Howrah-52, Jorhat-36, Jalpaiguri-57, Kolkata (Metro)-I - 54, Kolkata (Metro)-II-43, Kolkata (Suburban) - 49, Kharagpur-51, Silchar-16]
- Northern Zonal Office, Delhi : 623 posts [Ajmer-33, Amritsar-26, Bikaner-38, Chandigarh-37, Delhi-143, Jaipur-50, Jalandhar-23, Jodhpur-43, Karnal-20, Ludhiana-27, Rohtak-57, Shimla-54, Srinagar-35, Udaipur-37]
- Pay Scale : Rs. 7440-18560/-
- Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree of a University in India established under a statute or a foreign university approved for the purpose or the Fellowship of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai. Preference may be given to those applicants who possess Masters Degree in Business Administration in Marketing or Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing from a University in India established under Statute or by an Institute approved by AICTE or a recognized Institution.
- Age : 21-30 years as on 1st January 2008. Relaxation in age as per rules.
- Selection Procedure : Selection will be made on the basis of a written test on Sunday, July 06, 2008 followed by an Interview of candidates who qualify in the written test which will be of objective type, multiple choice of two hours duration comprising of the following two papers: 1. Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability. 2. General Knowledge, Current Affairs and English Language with Special emphasis on Grammar and Vocabulary.
How to Apply : Application in prescribed format completed in all respects with enclosures should be posted in a closed cover with a superscription on the cover “Recruitment of Apprentice Development Officer, _________ Division _________ Zone” to the following address:
POST BOX NO. 51, HAUZ KHAS POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI - 110016.
Last date will be 9th April 2008 (15th April for candidates from far-flung areas)
Please visit http://www.licindia.com/careers_pop6.html for detailed zonal wise information and application form.