Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
Manora Peak, Nainital-263129
Applications are invited through direct recruitment from eligible candidates for the post in the prescribed format:
- Scientist 'C' or higher post (Atmospheric Science and Astrophysics), Pay scale: Rs. 10000-275-15200 or higher scale, Qualification : an excellent academic record with Master Degree in relevant field. Candidate must provide a list of publications in support of research and development experience. (ii) Ph.D. degree with at least one year PDF research experience and good research contribution in the areas of observational Astrophysics and Atmospheric Sciences.
- Engineer 'B' - Civil : 01 post, Pay scale: Rs. 8000-275-13500, Qualification :Bachelors degree or ME / M.Tech with more than 50% marks in the relevant area of Engineering with good understanding of the subject. (ii) An experience of few years in supervising maintenance and civil works preferably buildings and road works in hilly region, in Central/ State Govt./ Autonomous Bodies (iii) Should be well versed in contract management and should have proven track record of timely completion of awarded works..
- Engineer 'B' - Computer : 01 post, Pay scale: Rs. 8000-275-13500, Qualification : BE or ME / M.Tech (Computer Science / Information Technology) or MCA with more than 50% marks in the relevant area of Engineering with good understanding of the subject. In the case of Computer Engineer, a degree in MCA with minimum 60% marks can also be considered. Experience of working in research organizations will be preferred. (ii) A few years experience in programming, system administration and networking based on Linux/Windows operating system.
- Engineer Assistant 'B' - Electronics : 02 posts, Pay scale: Rs. 4500-125-7000, Qualification : Diploma in Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering with 60% marks (ii) Minimum 2 yrs. relevant experience in development and maintenance of Electronics instruments., Desirable : Software knowledge like C/C++, Fortran, MATLAB etc.
- Engineer Assistant 'B' - Mechanical : 01 post, Pay scale: Rs. 4500-125-7000, Qualification : Diploma in Mechanical with 60% marks (ii) Minimum 2 yrs. relevant experience out of which 1 yrs. must be in fabrication, inspection, testing, erection & assembly of scientific instruments., Desirable : Knowledge of Auto CAD and CNC turning/ machining.
- Engineer Assistant 'B' - Civil : 01 post, Pay scale: Rs. 4500-125-7000, Qualification : First Class Diploma in Civil Engineering (ii) Minimum 2 yrs. relevant experience of maintenance and civil works in Central/ State Govt./ Autonomous Bodies, preferably buildings and road works in hilly region., Desirable : Knowledge of Computer Applications.
- Scientific Assistant 'B' - Library : 02 posts, Pay scale: Rs. 4500-125-7000, Qualification : First Class Bachelors degree in Science with Bachelor Degree in Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation or its equivalent degree from recognised university., Desirable : Knowledge of Computer Applications.
- Scientific Assistant 'B' : 02 posts, Pay scale: Rs. 4500-125-7000, Qualification : B.Sc. with first class with Physics and Maths OR Electronics OR Intermediate with 3 years diploma in Electrical/ Electronics., Desirable : One year Diploma in computer application with knowledge in Software/ Hardware.
- Junior Officer : 01 posts, Pay scale: Rs. 5500-175-9000, Qualification : Bachelors degree in any discipline along with Degree/ Diploma in Materials Management (full time) from recognised university (ii) Holding analogous post, min. 5 yrs. experience in purchase work in Central Govt./ Autonomous organisation or Academic / Research, Institutions., Desirable : Experience in import matters (ii) Experience in Tender Procedures.
- Upper Division Clerk : 01 post, Pay scale: Rs. 4000-100-6000, Qualification : Bachelors degree in any discipline (ii) Holding analogous post, min. 3 yrs. experience in Stores management including inventory control in Central Govt./ Autonomous organisation or Academic / Research, Institutions., Desirable : Diploma in Materials Management.
- Stenographers : 02 posts, Pay scale: Rs. 5000-150-8000, Qualification : Graduation in any subject and speed of 120 WPM in English shorthand and 40 WPM in English typing., Desirable : Computer knowledge.
- Engineer Assistant 'A' (Mechanical) : 01 post, Pay scale: Rs. 4000-100-6000, Qualification : First Class ITI in Fitter trade (ii) 5 yrs. relevant experience out of which 3 yrs. must be in fitting, fabrication, inspection, testing, erection & assembly of scientific / industrial equipment. (iii) Knowledge of inspection instruments is desirable.
- The application should be on the format provided on Website http://aries.ernet.in/ of the institute with relevant details and affixing one self attested recent colored passport size photograph.
- The Maximum age limit is 45 for sl. no. 2 and 40 years for others as on 30/04/2008. The age limit is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules for SC/ST/OBC and PH (except Blindness or Low Vision Category.) on production of relevant certificates.
- Advance increment can be considered for meritorious candidates.
- Reservation is applicable as per the guidelines of the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India norms.
- Applications will be accepted upto 5:00 PM of 15 May, 2008
- The envelope containing the application must be superscribed in Bold letters "Application for the post of Engineer 'B'-Computer"
- The Institute will not be respnsible for any postal delays. No correspondence in th matter will be entertained in this office.
- Mere fulfilling of prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right in candidates to be called for test/interview. The Director reserver the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.
- Self attested Photostat Copies of the documents of all the supporting facts must be attached.
- All the applications should be sent to The Director, Aryabhatta research Institute of Observational Sciences, (ARIES), Manora Park, Nainital - 263 129 (Uttrakhand).
- The candidates will be called for test/interview after screening.
- The selected candidate can be posted at ARIES, Manora Park or Devasthal
- Application should be forwarded through proper channel or NOC should be produced at the time of Interview. Vigilance clearance as per the follwing format should be attached with the applications.
" Certified that there is no vigilance / disciplinary case pending / contemplated against Shri Smt Kr. ______________________ of this organisation"