Recruitment in PSU Companies by GATE 2018
Like every year, this year (2018) also Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) companies are in the process of recruiting the suitable candidates for their Engineering Departments through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 which is being conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati this year.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2018 is Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG). Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
GATE 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects and as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination. The Examination for GATE 2018 will be conducted on 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th February 2018.
Recruitment through GATE
For many years, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for employment. A few such organizations are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India.
Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government, i.e., Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score. The details of the scheme of recruitment are normally published in National Newspapers/Employment News by the concerned authority. Some other Government of India Organizations have also expressed their interest to utilize GATE 2018 score for their recruitment purpose.
Online form for GATE 2018
Application for the GATE 2018 Examination has to be submitted online only from 01/09/2017 to 05/10/2017. The application for GATE 2018 is Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 750/- for Female/SC/ST/PWD candidates) to be paid online.
Details and Online Submission of GATE 2018 Application
Please visit http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/ for details and online submission of application for GATE 2018.
Recruitment Advertisement published
Following PSUs / Government Departments have published their initial advertisements for selection of suitable candidates in Engineering Domain as Executive Engineer/ Trainee Engineers/ Management Trainees etc. through GATE 2018.
- Recruitment of Mechanical Engineers in BPCL
- Recruitment of Engineering Executive Engineers in NTPC
- Executive Engineer Trainee in Power Grid Corporation
- Management Trainee (Technical) in RINL Vizag Steel
- Engineers as Officers in HPCL
- Officers and Engineers Recruitment in Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Management Trainee (Technical) Recruitment in SAIL
- Engineer Trainees Recruitment in THDC India Limited
- Executive Engineer Trainee Recruitment in NPCIL
- Graduate Trainee Engineers and Geo-Scientist Recruitment in ONGC
- Graduate Executive Trainee Engineers Recruitment in NLC India Limited
- Recruitment of Engineer Trainees in BHEL
- Recruitment of Executive Trainees in Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited
- Management Trainee Recruitment in National Fertilizers Limited NFL
- Management Trainee recruitment in MRPL
Published at https://www.SarkariNaukriBlog.com